H&H delivery truck ready to go
H&H Burwood Mill Construction circa 1953
Moving office to H&H Burwood site circa 1951 – 1952
In 1931 Arthur Hill met up with Mr Hazelwood who had a small timber yard in Dodd St, South Melbourne. They decided to form a partnership and Hazelwood & Hill was born.
The company specialized in furniture timber and also the machining and moulding of timbers. The moulding facility we have today is still the lynchpin that drives the company’s success, just as it did in the early years.
Hazelwood & Hill has never lost sight of its beginnings in providing good quality timber with personal service – a philosophy that has allowed the company to satisfy the everchanging demands of the marketplace.
When the management of the day wanted to grow and develop the business, it was decided the South Melbourne location was not suitable for expansion.
In 1951, under the management of Gordon Hill (Arthur’s only son), the company purchased the land in McIntyre Street, Burwood, where we are still based.
Today Hazelwood and Hill is co-managed by Mr Richard Hill, a grandson of founder Arthur Hill, and Mr Bernie Tighe.
Hazelwood & Hill is a member of the following Professional Associations: